New Computerized Transit System Phase 5 NCTS P5
Introduction (NCTS - P5):
The Union Customs Code (Reg. EU 2013/952 (UCC), Reg. OJ 2015/2447 (IA), Reg. EU 2015/2446 (DA) – Annex B) sets new requirements for improving and simplifying customs procedures.
In order to manage the new procedures in a manner compatible with the requirements of the Union Customs Code (UCC), the New Computerised Transit System - Phase 5 (NCTS-P5), a successor state to NCTS P4, is being developed.
With NCTS-P5 the following is achieved:
- better interconnection of existing application with national / international applications
- better monitoring and supervision of customs procedures, with a view to minimising fraud and protecting the EU's financial and economic interests.
- further simplification of customs procedures.
What is NCTS-P5?
EU legislation (UCC / ΙΑ /DA – Annex B) introduces changes to data requirements (data, forms and codes of customs declarations) by aligning them with the EU customs data model (EUCDM).
Exchanges of information between customs authorities as well as between economic operators and customs authorities should take place, in any case, using electronic data processing techniques.
Who does NCTS-P5 concern?
- National customs administrations using NCTS-P5 for placing goods under the transit procedure.
- National customs administrations using NCTS-P5 to complete export and exit formalities where export is followed by transit.
- Economic operators using NCTS-P5 in the context of their activities related to the transit procedure.
What changes with NCTS- P5?
For transit declarations, changes in relation to the existing situation (NCTS-P4):
- Use of a new dataset for the transit declaration, in accordance with the Union customs code. Although some of the information/data required to complete transit declarations remains the same as that used in NCTS-P4, there will be new data to be added While ‘data fields’ are replaced by ‘data elements’ according to the EU customs data model (EUCDM).
The EU customs data model (EUCDM) defines the data that economic operators should provide when submitting declarations or notifications and concerns the trans-European and national customs declaration processing systems. The mapping of the data requirements is done according to the data model of the POT.
- NCTS-P5 allows the submission of transit declarations up to 30 days before the goods are presented to the customs authorities.
Where a declaration is lodged prior to presentation of the goods at the Office of departure, a notification of presentation of goods should then be submitted when presented at that office for placing them under the transit procedure.
- NCTS-P5 makes it easy to record "incidents in transit".
A new customs office role is introduced, with responsibility for recording events (e.g. transhipments, changes of Customs seals) during the transport of goods.
- Upgrading the electronic interface with the automated export system (AES) to cover cases where the export regime is followed by the transit regime, where the interface between NCTS and AES validates the existence of the reported export MRNs in transit.
The following new messages are introduced:
message ie022: ‘’Notification to amend declaration’’: it shall be sent by the Office of departure to the holder of the transit procedure and shall be indicated in the case of export followed by transit'.
message ie170: ‘’Presentation Notification for the pre lodged declaration’’: the message shall be submitted when the goods are presented to customs in cases where a transit declaration has been lodged before the goods are presented.
message ie182: ‘’Forwarded incident notification to ED’’ : the message shall be sent to the holder of the transit procedure when an incident is recorded during the transport of the goods.
How to prepare for NCTS - P5;
- Union Customs Code (regulation (EU) no 2014/2014) 952/2013-UCC)
- Delegated provisions of the UCC (regulation (EU) no 1200/2013) 2016/2446 - DA)
- Implementing provisions of the UCC (regulation (EU) no 2016/2013) 2016/2447 - IA)
- UCC Work Programme - Commission Implementing decision (EU) 2019/2151 /13 December 2019
Πηγές για το NCTS P5:
- NCTS Phase 5 - Design Document for National Transit Application (DDNTA)
- (DDNTA Main Document 06.04.2022 (SfA) v 5.15.0-v1.00).
- Business Process Threads for Core Business: 20.09.2022/ (Submitted for acceptance (SfA) Version: 5.30.2 EN)
- Business Process Threads for Guarantee management: 20.09.2022 / ( Submitted for acceptance (SfA) Version: 5.30.2 EN)
The necessary Union specification documents that economic operators should study and apply in order to implement and put into operation their IT systems shall be published and updated by the EU.