Information for placing of detergents and cleaning products on the Greek market
I. Detergents and cleaning products intended to be placed on the Greek market should conform to the European and National legislation, as follows:
- Regulation (ΕC) 648/2004 on detergents (OJ L 104/8.4.2004), as amended and in force, along with the relevant national enforcement legislation*:
- Ministerial Decision YA 381/2005 (National Gazette ΦΕΚ 539/Β/2.5.2006)
- Common Ministerial Decision ΚΥΑ 128/2017 (National Gazette ΦΕΚ 1263/Β/10.4.2018)
- Regulation 1272/2008/ΕC (OJ L 353/31.12.2008) “CLP” on the classification, labelling and packaging of substances and mixtures, as amended and in force, along with the relevant national enforcement legislation*:
- Ministerial Decision ΥΑ 3017130/2798 (National Gazette ΦΕΚ 1843/Β΄/03.09.2009)
- Common Ministerial Decision ΚΥΑ 3015811/2663 (National Gazette ΦΕΚ 1410/Β΄/06.09.2010)
- Common Ministerial Decision ΚΥΑ 111/2017 (National Gazette ΦΕΚ 1876/Β/24.05.2018)
- Common Ministerial Decision ΚΥΑ 30/004/000/4694 (National Gazette ΦΕΚ 6094/Β/31.12.2020)
- Regulation 1907/2006/ΕC (OJ L 96/30.12.2006) (REACH), as amended and in force, along with the relevant national enforcement legislation*:
- Ministerial Decision ΥΑ 3013966/2726 (National Gazette ΦΕΚ 1025/Β/22.6.2007)
- Ministerial Decision ΥΑ 450/2008 (National Gazette ΦΕΚ 2553/Β΄/17.12.2008)
- Ministerial Decision ΥΑ 82/2009 (National Gazette ΦΕΚ 581/Β΄/31.03.2009)
- Common Ministerial Decision ΚΥΑ 129/2016 (National Gazette ΦΕΚ 1138/Β/31.03.2017)* concerning detergents and authorization of a plant manufacturing and /or packaging detergents and cleaning products.
- Ministerial Decision ΥΑ 91354 (National Gazette ΦΕΚ 2983/Β/2017)* («ΔΙ.Ε.Π.Π.Υ.» Rules) concerning the codification and consolidation of the rules for circulation and marketing of products and services.
- Without prejudice to the legislation, it is noted that detergents and cleaning products in order to be placed on the Greek market should meet the obligations hereby:
- The following phrases/ information should appear on the product label in Greek: «Μακριά από παιδιά» and «Τηλέφωνο Κέντρου Δηλητηριάσεων 210 7793777» (article 3 of ΚΥΑ 129/2016).
- Provide to the Greek Poisoning Centre the ingredient datasheet for each and every detergent, regardless of its classification (article 9, paragraph 3, Regulation (ΕC) 648/2004 and article 3, paragraph 3 of the Ministerial Decision Υ.Α. 381/2005) (http://0317.syzefxis.gov.gr/?page_id=75, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org )
- Conform to article 45 of CLP for all detergents classified as hazardous for human health and/ or for physicochemical hazards.
II. It is clarified that the former detergents registration system and the obligation of the registration number or the respective production code appearing on the product label/ packaging, have been annulled by the National Law 4254/2014 (National Gazette ΦΕΚ 85/Α’/07.04.2014) (article 1, paragraph ΣΤ΄, subparagraph ΣΤ΄. 5, points 7 α, β, γ, δ, page 1411). Therefore, all registration numbers previously issued by the Detergents Registry are no longer valid and should not be used in any way.
III. In case a cleaning product claims for additional biocidal, disinfectant, antiseptic, antibacterial etc. properties and/or actions, this product falls also under the Regulation (EU) 528/2018 concerning the making available on the market and use of biocidal products, as amended and in force. The national competent authorities for biocides, namely the National Medicine Organisation – ΕΟΦ: www.eof.gr and email@example.com or the Ministry of Rural Development and Food: firstname.lastname@example.org should also be conducted for information.
*National enforcement legislation published in the National Gazette
(http://www.et.gr/index.php/anazitisi-fek ) is available only in Greek